Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hello to everyone. I like this blog.

I purchased two "Inanna" books: 1) "Inanna, Queen of Heaven and Earth" by Diane Wolkstein and Samuel Noah Kramer and 2) "Innana: From the Myths of Ancient Sumer" by Kim Echlin. The latter is written simply, rather like a children's poem. I read it first and I could then quickly follow the story of Inanna before I began the more erudite Wolkstein/Kramer version. I also found a wonderful sculptural piece of jewelry called "Astarte" by the Arroyo Seco artist, Claire Haye. I will wear it to our performance.When I asked myself today, "What do I think of Inanna?" another question immediately emerged as my initial response, "What would it mean to be a woman without fear? I ask this question both as an individual woman, and on behalf of all women.I have not seen Carol's poem. Would someone send a copy to me at kscordova@aol.comSamuel Noah Kramer also wrote a wonderful book that I believe is called "History Began at Sumer."

Kind thoughts to all....Karen

No comments: