Sunday, May 11, 2008

FYI

I found this book on the internet. It sounded intriguing, so I ordered it. I have no opinion yet, since I haven't yet received the book. However, because the subject is the descent of Inanna, I wanted to share it with our group. Sylvia Brinton Perera is a Jungian analyst. It lists for $25, but I found a copy for $6.oo on www.abebooks.com.

Descent to the Goddess: A Way of Initiation for WomenSylvia Brinton Perera (New York)
ISBN 0-919123-05-8. Index. 112 pp. 1981. Pioneer study of the need for an inner female authority in a masculine- oriented society. Interprets the journey into the underworld of Inanna-Ishtar, Goddess of Heaven and Earth, to see Ereshkigal, her dark sister. So must modern women descend into the depths of themselves.

Happy Mother's Day to all of us...

Karen

No comments: